Restoration: Reclaiming The Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara on Murano
An Innovation in Culture and Commerce: The Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara Murano Experience
- The History of Murano glass. Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara houses a historical display of Murano glass furnaces and the tools used by Murano glass masters throughout the ages.
- Innovation. Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara will house the first ever electric furnace on the island of Murano.
- Murano Glass Today. Live demonstrations of Murano glass work at Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara will be performed by contemporary Murano glass masters and emerging artists who will be invited to work in the space on a rotating basis throughout the year.
- Murano Glass Beads. Murano glass, yes, but with a history all of their own. There was even a time in when Murano glass beads were used in place of currency! Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara has an unparalleled collection of Murano glass beads and will also host and showcase the work of contemporary lamp workers.
- Performance Art & Music. The Ex Chiesa Santa Chiara is a 360 degree celebration of arts and culture that includes a stage for musical and theatrical performances.
- Perfumes. For a complete sensory experience, customers can custom design their own fragrances and bring them home in individually engraved bottles.